A visit to the doctor can sometimes be an expensive experience. As a matter of fact, a single office visit can cost you over $100. If you have annual visits, this could cost you thousands of dollars over a lifetime. Therefore, you need to know doctor visit tips hong kong.
Here are some tips that may help save money on your medical care expenses:
1) Ask for the cheapest generic equivalent drug at the pharmacy instead of brand name drugs prescribed by your doctor. You may find that they are just as effective and they will significantly lower your medical costs.
2) Ask your doctor if you can participate in clinical trials for research on new drugs and other medical advances. You may be able to get free medicines for life as part of the compensation for your participation in these clinical trials.
3) Use coupons provided by the drug companies to buy drugs from a pharmacy. This will help you to save money on certain medications. Some pharmacies may charge you a steep amount for certain medications that are not covered by insurance if you do not have a coupon for them. Therefore, it is best that you get these coupons before hitting the pharmacy so as to save maximum money.
4) If you are on a budget, get generic drugs that provide the same ingredients as the over-priced brand name drugs. You will find that these generic drugs are just as effective as most of the expensive brands and they cost less than half. Some of these drugs may be available in your local pharmacy at a fraction of the cost for equivalent brand name drugs.
5) Get a list from your insurance company of all the medicines that are covered by them, so you can avoid paying out of pocket costs for those medicines. Many people end up paying extra money out of their pockets because they unknowingly get medicines not covered by their insurance plan.
6) If you have a large family, get a prescription from your doctor for medications that can be shared by other family members. There are medicines that can be shared between two or more people.
7) Ask your medical provider if they may prescribe generic versions of the brand name drugs they prescribe to you. This doctor visit guide hong kong will probably make you find out that some of these generic drugs are just as effective as their over-priced counterparts and at a fraction of the cost.
8) Avoid taking any medicine with another medicine. This is because it is not recommended to take any two medicines together. You may end up spending more money than you planned by taking two pills at once.