For many years, there has been a long-standing debate on how effective the low-carb diet is. Some people assert that this kind of diets raise the cholesterol level and can cause heart diseases because of consuming high-fat content foods which are mainly contributed to the type of diet that is called a ketogenic diet.
However, a ketogenic diet has been proven scientifically, that its way of consuming a low-carbohydrate diet proves to have its worth and effectiveness when it comes to trimming down weight and is completely healthy and beneficial.
Ketogenic diet not only causes rapid weight loss but also, it will also lead to several major improvements to people who are prone to factors linked to heart diseases which include cholesterol.
If you are planning to incorporate ketogenic and low-carbohydrate diet as part of your lifestyle to become healthy and fit, here are the six benefits of it that you must know. If you want to know delicious ketogenic recipes, check this best keto cookbook now.
· Reduces appetite and craving- Most of the time hunger tends a person to ruin their diet by binge eating foods that are not part of their dietary plan. It is also one of the main reasons why a lot of people feel miserable and eventually quit in the middle of their diet plan.
· Promotes a more effective weight loss- Cutting carbohydrates in your diet means you also cut the calorie content of the food that you eat which means, there is a lesser percentage of fat being produced that will result to an improved weight loss. Low carbohydrate diet has been proven that it promotes faster weight loss compared to a low-fat diet even when the latter restricts calories.
· A big portion of fat loss comes from the abdominal cavity- You should learn that not all fat that you can find in your body is the same. Where the fat is stored determines how it will affect your health and the risk of diseases. There are two main types of fat that you can find in your body; the subcutaneous fat which is under the layer of your skin, and the visceral fat, that is the accumulated fat deposit in your abdominal cavity which is common among men.
· Triglycerides tend to drop dramatically- Triglycerides in case you do not know are the fat molecules that are circulating in your bloodstream which is the main contributor to developing heart diseases. One of the main contributors to an increased level of triglycerides is high carbohydrate consumption.
· Increases the level of the good cholesterol in your body- Good cholesterol or High-density lipoprotein or HDL is responsible to eliminate triglycerides in your body to lower the risks of developing heart disease.
· Reduces the blood sugar and insulin levels in your body- If you are very conscious about your blood sugar level to prevent developing diabetes, low-carbohydrates and ketogenic diets are very helpful in preventing to increase these two substances in our body. Studies have already proved that a low-carbohydrate diet lowers the blood sugar effectively to help control the insulin levels normally. High-caloric and high-carbohydrate diet are associated with risks of developing diabetes for those who follow this kind of diet.