Not everybody who habitually uses alcohol has to enter the alcohol recovery. There are people who aren’t prone to addiction and will control their attitude, still they sink in the bad habits because of stress, mood problems, and peer pressure. At times all one has to be healthy is cutting back to certain degree. But, this will be the dangerous topic, as lots of people who want alcoholism recovery do themselves the disservice by trying & failing again to cut back. Suppose you’re asking yourself the question, be honest to yourself.
Who may merely cut back? In case, you genuinely aren’t the addiction-prone individual and may go days and weeks without desiring a single drink, you can just cut back instead of entering the alcohol recovery. But, to do this, it’s very important to question things in life that have actually led you towards drinking more. Are you drinking in your response to bad feelings or stress? Does your drinking plays an important role in the social life? Do you find drinking your best ways to relax?
Suppose you have answered yes to all the questions, then an only way you can cut back & avoid alcoholism recovery is changing your bad habits. You may need to stay away from some friends, cut down on stress in life, and find other ways of enjoying yourself. All these steps will be very challenging. Suppose you do take such steps just to find you can’t stop drinking, you might be in the denial and require alcohol recovery.
Who requires alcohol treatment? Even though you feel very strongly that you can cut back on the drinking without entering the formal alcohol recovery, it’s very important to know to power through denial that might be hampering the sobriety. Suppose these things apply on you, then you must seriously think of entering the alcohol recovery:
- You tried to stop repeatedly without any success or just to get in problem drinking later on.
- You had addiction problems even before, even though they involved the substance besides alcohol.
- You often drink yourself in blackout states.
- When you begin drinking, you find trouble to get yourself to end.
- You are questioning your drinking habits for a long time of months and more.
- Your drinking actually has caused you get in trouble, personally or with law, on many occasions.
- Drinking hurt others.
- Drinking regularly serves as one type of escape from stress and personal problems.
Suppose any these issues apply to you as well, it’s time you stop thinking about just cutting back and alcohol recovery can be an only way of getting sober.